- An introduction to basic pattern making techniques, creating your own pattern blocks
- How to take personal measurement
- Learn the basic uses of a sewing machine
- Learn basic stitches, how make an open and closed seam and sew curves and corners and sew edge and top-stitch and make a buttonhole.
- Sew darts, insert a concealed zip, attach a facing, learn how to hem and finish the garment.
- Projects: Blouse/skirt/Baju Kurung traditional
- Learn to make a stylish dress in your chosen fabric from a commercial pattern in this class.
- Learn how to use a commercial pattern, and to lay, mark and pin the pattern to fabric and cut out.
- Learn how to sew seams, making darts, inserting a concealed zip and attaching a facing
Skill level : This workshop is for those who already have basic sewing skills
- Project: Long/short dress
What you get
Full access to YPVWM sewing machines – you don’t have to bring your own
Refreshments during the course (includes lunch, tea, coffee and biscuits)
YPVWM certificate of attendance
One to one session